Banana muffins are a classic treat, and I have very fond memories of my mom baking banana growing up. The smell of the house and the soft texture of the bread. So today I’m sharing one of our favorite recipes, banana chocolate chip muffins! And we hope that you will enjoy these as much as we do!
Making muffins is something that I do about once a week and it has become a tradition with the girls to help me! There is something special about baking together as a family. Yes, sometimes it gets a little messy, but we’re having fun!
Tips on Baking Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1. prepare the batter the night before.
One of my favorite tips for making these muffins is to make the batter the night before, for fresh muffins in the morning.
I put the batter together with the exception of the chocolate chips and bananas and put it in the fridge. Then in the morning, I add the mashed bananas and the chocolate chips and bake them in the oven.
This saves so much time in the morning and there’s noting like having fresh baked muffins in the morning.
2. Toppings for the muffins
While this isn’t necessary, adding something to the top of the muffins makes them extra special. Some of my favorites are: extra chocolate chips (because you really can never have enough chocolate), course sugar, dried bananas or nuts.
3. Use a cookie scoop
I love using an OXO large cookie scoop to fill the muffin pan. This results in equal amounts of batter in the pan which helps with equal baking time and creates professional looking muffins.
I hope you enjoy these muffins!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter, melted (cooled)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a muffin pan or fill the muffin pan with liners.
- Combine the 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda and ½ tsp of salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in mashed bananas. (Skip this step if your making the batter ahead of time).
- Pour the flour mixture over the wet ingredients and fold together until just combined. (Stop at this step if your making the batter ahead of time).
- Add the chocolate chips and stir together.
- Fill the muffin pan equally with the batter. They should be just about full.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!